“85% of our A-Level students achieved a min of a B in 2017”
What is A-Level Maths Tuition?
Maths can be used to model and simplify many aspects of the situations we encounter in everyday life, from the distribution of heights in the population to the mechanics of the operation of a lift.The new AS and A levels in Maths are stand-alone linear qualifications, where marks gained at AS level do not contribute to the final A-Level grade in any shape or form. Hence the concept of A2 disappears completely. Our A-Level Maths Tuition gives students the perfect foundation to achieve the best they can.
What we cover in A-Level Maths Tuition?
Students will learn methods which will help with their A-Level Maths exam, by using, applying, consolidating and reinforcing learning. Students are also taught to independently research different aspects of A-Level Maths to develop and extend their knowledge.
Students will cover topics such as:
Pure Core – Proof, Algebra and functions, Coordinate geometry in the (x,y) plane, Sequences and series, Trigonometry, Exponentials and logarithms, Differentiation, Integration, Vectors
Statistics – Statistical sampling, Data presentation and interpretation, Probability, Statistical distributions, Statistical hypothesis testing
Mechanics – Quantities and units in mechanics, Kinematics and Forces and Newton’s laws
Our A-Level Maths Tuition lessons are designed to ensure that students grasp the new topics they are learning and to help fill in any gaps or weaknesses in their knowledge. We also help them to get prepared for their exams with plenty of practice and revision of exam techniques and methods for answering the questions.
How does our A-Level Maths Tuition work?
- Student attends a 1-hour lesson
- The tutor will go through the topic and explain the concept
- Students will be given our bespoke activity worksheets to work through
- The tutor will provide students with individual support and feedback
- Then move onto some more teaching followed by some exam style questions
- Tutor will conclude the lesson with some form of assessment and set homework
Which exam boards we cover?
We offer A-Level courses in all subjects across the main U.K exam boards in a classroom setting:
Lessons are planned from our bespoke Scheme of Works (SOW). Our syllabus ensures students cover the key topics from their exam board, which means they closely support the work your child is doing at school. Also incorporating specific learning strategies and memory boosting techniques, our A-Level Maths Tuition lessons will assist your child in becoming an effective lifelong learner. All this work will build towards their A-Level Maths exam in the summer.
How Can A-Level Maths Tuition Help?
- Develop abilities to reason logically and recognise incorrect reasoning, to generalise and to construct mathematical proofs
- Extend your range of mathematical skills and techniques and use them in more difficult, unstructured problems
- Read and comprehend mathematical arguments and articles concerning applications of mathematics
- Develop an awareness of the relevance of mathematics to other fields of study, to the world of work and to society in general
- Helps to ensure you cover your syllabus thoroughly
- Develop exam technique and get important tips on how to pass exams
- Weekly exam practice using difficult previous exam questions
- Increases self-confidence, improves time management & organisation and boosts confidence
10 reasons to join Talent Engaged Tuition?
- Ofsted Registered Tuition Centre – You can be confident that your child will be educated within a safe and secure environment.
- Individual Attention -Small group classes for individual attention, with an average of 6-8 students. Classroom-based learning and not sitting in front of a computer.
- UK qualified Teachers – Experienced tutors that are industry professionals. All our staff are DBS checked, reference checked and are provided with full training.
- Bespoke curriculum – We plan lessons for the entire year and cover everything students need to learn for exams (fully aligned to the National Curriculum & relevant exam boards)
- Regular Homework – Easy to digest weekly homework for every lesson, to reinforce key concepts. Homework is set, monitored and marked by us.
- Progress Exams – After 5 weeks of learning a particular set of topics, students are tested on week 6 to assess how much they’ve learnt.
- Parent Conferences – Every 12 weeks parent can book a parent conference, allowing parents to catch up with us and receive updates about how students are progressing.
- PSED (Personal, Social, Emotional Development) – Students develop confidence and improved self-esteem, learn to manage feelings and behaviour and learn and how to build effective relationships.
- Safety – Our centre is fully insured and CCTV is in operation, to ensure the safety of students and staff.
- Modern Facilities – We have our own purpose built tuition centre, that is an Inspiring and vibrant learning environment for students to enjoy learning.