“85% of our A-Level students achieved a min of a B “in 2017”
What is A-Level Chemistry Tuition?
The study of chemistry is driven by the desire to explain the behaviour of the materials around us. To comprehend why an autumn leaf turns red, why a diamond is hard or why soap cleans us requires an understanding of chemistry. The new AS and A levels in Chemistry are stand-alone linear qualifications, where marks gained at AS level do not contribute to the final A-level grade in any shape or form. Hence the concept of A2 disappears completely. Our A-Level Chemistry Tuition gives students the perfect foundation to achieve the best they can.
What we cover in A-Level Chemistry Tuition?
Students will learn methods which will help with their A-Level Chemistry exam, by using, applying, consolidating and reinforcing learning. Students are also taught to independently research different aspects of A-Level Chemistry to develop and extend their knowledge.
Students will cover topics such as:
Physical Chemistry – Atomic structure, Bonding, Energetics, Kinetics, Chemical equilibria, Oxidation, Thermodynamics, Rate equations, Electrode potentials and electrochemical cells.
Inorganic Chemistry – Periodicity, Group 2, the alkaline earth metals, Group 7(17), the halogens, Properties of Period 3 elements & their oxides, Transition metals, Reactions of ions in aqueous solution.
Organic Chemistry – Alkanes, Halogenoalkanes, Alkenes, Alcohols, Organic analysis, Optical isomerism, Aldehydes and ketones, Carboxylic acids and derivatives, Aromatic chemistry & Amines.
Our A-Level Chemistry Tuition lessons are designed to ensure that students grasp the new topics they are learning and to help fill in any gaps or weaknesses in their knowledge. We also help them to get prepared for their exams with plenty of practice and revision of exam techniques and methods for answering the questions.
How does our A-Level Chemistry Tuition work?
- Student attends a 1-hour lesson
- The tutor will go through the topic and explain the concept
- Students will be given our bespoke activity worksheets to work through
- The tutor will provide students with individual support and feedback
- Then move onto some more teaching followed by some exam style questions
- Tutor will conclude the lesson with some form of assessment and set homework
Which exam boards we cover?
We offer A-Level courses in all subjects across the main U.K exam boards in a classroom setting:
Lessons are planned from our bespoke Scheme of Works (SOW). Our syllabus ensures students cover the key topics from their exam board, which means they closely support the work your child is doing at school. Also incorporating specific learning strategies and memory boosting techniques, our A-Level Chemistry Tuition lessons will assist your child in becoming an effective lifelong learner. All this work will build towards their A-Level Chemistry exam in the summer.
How Can A-Level Chemistry Tuition Help?
- Develop the understanding of chemical concepts and ideas
- Learn how chemistry works and how it fits in with the other sciences
- Develop an appreciation for the complexities, challenges and rewards of chemistry
- Develop the confidence in dealing with unfamiliar problems and your analytical skills
- Understand how Chemistry is applied in most industries
- Helps to ensure you cover your syllabus thoroughly
- Develop exam technique and get important tips on how to pass exams
- Weekly exam practice using difficult previous exam questions
- Increases self-confidence, improves time management & organisation and boosts confidence
10 reasons to join Talent Engaged Tuition?
- Ofsted Registered Tuition Centre – You can be confident that your child will be educated within a safe and secure environment.
- Individual Attention -Small group classes for individual attention, with an average of 6-8 students. Classroom-based learning and not sitting in front of a computer.
- UK qualified Teachers – Experienced tutors that are industry professionals. All our staff are DBS checked, reference checked and are provided with full training.
- Bespoke curriculum – We plan lessons for the entire year and cover everything students need to learn for exams (fully aligned to the National Curriculum & relevant exam boards)
- Regular Homework – Easy to digest weekly homework for every lesson, to reinforce key concepts. Homework is set, monitored and marked by us.
- Progress Exams – After 5 weeks of learning a particular set of topics, students are tested on week 6 to assess how much they’ve learnt.
- Parent Conferences – Every 12 weeks parent can book a parent conference, allowing parents to catch up with us and receive updates about how students are progressing.
- PSED (Personal, Social, Emotional Development) – Students develop confidence and improved self-esteem, learn to manage feelings and behaviour and learn and how to build effective relationships.
- Safety – Our centre is fully insured and CCTV is in operation, to ensure the safety of students and staff.
- Modern Facilities – We have our own purpose built tuition centre, that is an Inspiring and vibrant learning environment for students to enjoy learning.