“90% of our 11+ students gained entry to their 1st choice school in 2017”
What is the 11+ Exam?
11+ Exam refers to competitive school entrance exams that are typically required for entrance to selective independent and grammar schools in the UK. These types of exams are called 11+ exams as they refer to the age that a child will be in the year that they start in that school, many eleven plus exams are highly selective.
This exam has changed dramatically in recent years, with examiners insisting that it is “tutor-proof”. However, the fact remains that although 75% of the exam is based on the national curriculum, the remaining 25% won’t necessarily be. In addition, schools are not in a position to teach specifically towards this exam.
This leaves a gap in knowledge – and practice – that is filled by our expert 11+ exam tutors.
What we cover in 11+ Exam Tuition?
Our 11+ Exam tuition prepares students for Maths, English, Verbal Reasoning, Numerical Reasoning & Non-Verbal Reasoning (CEM/GL Assessment) We provide 11+ exam tuition to fully prepare children for the 11+ and independent school exams for Year 3 (Foundation), Year 4 (Intermediate) and Year 5 (Advanced) students.
Students will see topics such as:
English – Spelling, Punctuation and Grammar (SPAG), Vocabulary, Word Types, Writing & Comprehension
Maths – Numerical Reasoning, Numbers & Place Value, Addition & Subtraction, Multiplication & Division, Fractions, Percentages. Units & Measures, Shapes & Space
Verbal Reasoning – Missing Letters, Odd Words, Analogy, Multiple Meanings, Ordering Words, Cloze Questions
Non-Verbal Reasoning – Spotting Patterns, Similarities and Differences, Pairs, Series & Grid, Rotation & Reflection, 3D Shapes
Lessons are planned from our bespoke Scheme of Works (SOW) based on the CEM (Centre for Evaluation & Monitoring at the University of Durham) and GL Assessment exam boards, which means they are prepared for any 11+ exam. Also incorporating specific learning strategies and memory boosting techniques, our 11+ Tuition lessons will assist your child in becoming an effective lifelong learner. All this work will build towards the end of Year 6 when they will take their KS2 SATs (Standard Attainment Tests)
10 reasons to join Talent Engaged Tuition?
- Ofsted Registered Tuition Centre – you can be confident that your child will be educated within a safe and secure environment.
- Individual Attention – small group classes for individual attention, with an average of 6-8 students. Classroom based learning and not sitting in front of a computer.
- UK qualified Teachers – experienced tutors that are industry professionals. All our staff are DBS checked, reference checked and are provide with full training.
- Bespoke curriculum – we plan lessons for the entire year and cover everything students need to learn for exams (fully aligned to the National Curriculum & relevant exam boards)
- Regular Homework – easy to digest weekly homework for every lesson, to reinforce key concepts.
- Progress Exams – After 5 weeks of learning a particular set of topics, students are tested on week 6 to assess how much they’ve learnt.
- Parent Conferences – Every 12 weeks parent can book a parent conference, allowing parents to catch up with us and receive updates about how students are progressing.
- PSED (Personal, Social, Emotional Development) – Children develop confidence and improved self-esteem, learn to manage feelings and behaviour and learn and how to build effective relationships.
- Safety – our centre is fully insured and CCTV is in operation, to ensure the safety of students and staff.
- Modern Facilities – we have our own purpose built tuition centre, that is an Inspiring and vibrant learning environment for students to enjoy learning.